Part Time Cashier - Atmosphere (Country Club Centre)
This job posting is no longer active
The Great Outdoors Start Here!
Atmosphere is Canada’s premier outdoor sporting goods and lifestyle store. Specializing in camping, backpacking, hiking, climbing, kayaking, snowshoeing, nordic skiing, adventure travel and all of your outdoor lifestyle needs. We cater to the specific needs of everyone from the adventure and travel enthusiasts to the casual outdoor participants.
At Atmosphere, we love sharing our passion for a healthy active lifestyle, and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded individuals, and provide the best advice for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences to set them up for The Complete Experience.
As a Cashier, you are the first and last point of contact for our customers. You’re the first person they see when entering the store and the last person they’ll remember when exiting. It’s your responsibility to leave a lasting positive impression.
Who you are.
Well, for starters, you’re friendly, energetic, and enjoy talking to people. Whether you’re handling a return or processing a transaction, you demonstrate a “no problem” attitude when dealing with customers and do everything possible to make sure the experience is positive. You are responsible for delivering excellent service to every customer - whether you are processing purchases, returns, exchanges, or general inquiries. It also requires you to possess good math skills and the ability to keep a balanced till.
What you’ll do.
- Greet and interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure all transactions are rung through in a timely fashion
- Handle complaints, exchanges and returns in a professional manner
- Assist customers with general inquiries
- Keep a balanced till and clean workspace
What you’ll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced team environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
- A passion for the outdoors and a drive to inspire others
- Previous customer service experience and/or cash handling experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build trust
- Positive work attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Good math and problem solving skills
- High School education
At Atmosphere, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.