Part Time Shipper/Receiver - Atmosphere (Prince George)
This job posting is no longer active
The Great Outdoors Starts Here!
Atmosphere is Canada’s premier outdoor sporting goods and lifestyle store. Specializing in camping, backpacking, hiking, climbing, kayaking, snowshoeing, nordic skiing, adventure travel and all of your outdoor lifestyle needs. We cater to the specific needs of everyone from the adventure and travel enthusiasts to the casual outdoor participants.
At Atmosphere, we love sharing our passion for a healthy active lifestyle, and encourage others to bring their best by being leaders in our surrounding communities. As part of our team, you’ll join a wide network of like-minded individuals, and provide the best advice for our customers by drawing on your first-hand expertise and experiences to set them up for The Complete Experience.
Who you are.
As a Shipper/Receiver, your main responsibility is to ensure that all inventory is efficiently and accurately received, or transferred from the store. Our ideal team member is very organized, and has the ability to adapt to a constantly changing workload while maintaining a high level of accuracy, cleanliness, and efficiency.
What you’ll do.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of delivery trucks
- Scan in all incoming distributions and transfers, maintain shipping logs, and file all paperwork
- Monitor all un-received cartons and transfers and place the necessary claims with the FGL Claims Department
- Sort shipments and distribute product accordingly
- Transfer stock to other stores as requested and transfer and ship all warranties to FGL warehouse
- Detail received shipments from supply companies and submit the necessary paperwork to head office
- Keep shipping/receiving area clean and organized and ensure compliance with OH&S standards
Other Inventory Duties:
- Assist in the preparation for physical inventory counts
- Maintain the backroom to the standards set forth in the Backroom Standards and Restocking Manual
- Provide assistance to the sales staff in moving of display units, restocking of merchandise, and ad set up
Standards of Performance and Measurement:
- Store inventory results and ensuring 100% carton control
- Make sure that all outstanding cartons and transfers are claimed within allowable time frames
What you’ll get.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced team environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you bring.
- Passion for sports and the outdoors
- Previous retail inventory control or warehouse experience is an asset
- Physically capable of lifting and moving heavy containers (up to 50lbs)
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Computer literacy is an asset
- High school education
At Atmosphere, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted.
"Within the confines of applicable Human Rights and Privacy Legislation, FGL Sports Ltd. require all successful applicants to provide a criminal record check."